- Head to Batallia Downs (S) as your level 30+ job and go to (J-10) to enter The Eldieme Necropolis (S). (If you have been to The Eldieme Necropolis (S) before and have allied yourself with one of the three nations in the past, you may instead speak with your nation's appropriate Campaign Arbiter to be teleported directly to the zone.)
- In The Eldieme Necropolis (S), talk to the NPC named Erlene at (J-8). She will ask for 12 sheets of Vellum.
- After talking to Erlene, you can talk to Tucker (K-8) in Crawlers' Nest (S) and flag a mini-quest to obtain one sheet of Vellum for every 12 Rolanberries traded to him. Note: you MUST talk to Erlene or Tucker will not trade.
- Note that Tucker will only take up to four stacks of Rolanberries per trade and will only trade with you a total of three times. This means that to get the stack of Vellum you will need to trade him four stacks of Rolanberries three times.
- If your current job is not BLM, RDM, SMN or BLU, change jobs to one of those. The job level does not matter, and can be lower than 30.
- You will also need your One Hour Ability ready for use.
- Go back to The Eldieme Necropolis (S) and trade 12 sheets of Vellum to Erlene for another cutscene. She will ask you to produce an "arcane tap" effect in order to activate and attune your Grimoire.
- If you have traded the Vellum to Erlene but have forgotten to bring an appropriate job, you are able to leave and change jobs and come back without needing to acquire the Vellum again.
- Activate your One Hour Ability: Manafont, Chainspell, Astral Flow, or Azure Lore, and talk to Erlene while the effect is still active for a third CS.
- You will receive the Grimoire and can now become a Scholar.
- Erlene - Eldieme Necropolis (S) (J-8)
- You have been given the chance to study the grimoire used by the famous Schultz School of Martial Theory. Your first task is to bring Erlene twelve sheets of Vellum.