- If you have any other Borghertz's Hands quest active you will need to complete that one before you can start this quest.
- After starting the quest, you can obtain the rewards in any order.
- Head to Castle Zvahl Baileys and open a coffer there, so either:
- You will obtain a pair of Old Gauntlets from the coffer.
- If this is your first time completing AF gear (for any job), do the following:
- Head back to Upper Jeuno and talk to Guslam again, who will tell you he lacks the skill to repair them.
- Deadly Minnow, behind the counter in the same shop, will tell you to find a Mithra at the Tenshodo for more information.
- Go to Lower Jeuno and go into Neptune's Spire and talk to Yin Pocanakhu at (J-8). Pay her 1,000 gil to hear her story.
- Head to Port Jeuno, go downstairs into the Auction House area, and find a ??? on some crates just outside the Jeuno Duty-Free Shop at (H-8).
- Click on the ??? for a cutscene and ask to have the gloves repaired.
- Go to (F-8) in Castle Zvahl Baileys and touch one of the torches to spawn Dark Spark.
- Kill Dark Spark.
- Touch the same torch again to receive the Shadow Flames.
- Head back to Port Jeuno and click on the ??? at the toolbox for another cutscene and your Choral Cuffs. This completes the quest.
- These coffers can be opened without this quest active and still receive the attire.
- Guslam mentions something about armor scattered about Vana'diel. You can find two more pieces of armor by opening coffers in the following zones:
- You must have Bard as your main job when you open these coffers.
- Guslam (Durable Shields, Upper Jeuno)
- Gauntlets wrought by Borghertz, the legendary craftsman, lie hidden somewhere in Vana'diel.