|Abyssea - La Theine||95||
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime
Note: Reive Monsters become aggressive after a player takes one offensive action in Reive.
They stay aggressive until all participating players are KO'd simultaneously, clearing all hate lists.
- Used in the quest: A Goldstruck Gigas
- Spawned by clicking ??? at (G-6) with key items Dented Gigas Shield, Warped Gigas Armband and Severed Gigas Collar.
- Melee hits are generally strong, striking a Paladin in the range of 400 on unblocked attacks.
- Has access to all regular Gigas abilities as well as:
- Trebuchet - Heavy Ranged Area of Effect damage centered around the target.
- Mercurial Strike - Area of Effect Magic damage centered around the target. Damage varies; can be extremely low (<100), or extremely high(>900).
- Colossal Slam - Area of Effect damage centered around Briareus. Massive Damage and short-lasting "Zombie" effect. Can not be removed with Cursna, Esuna, Sacrifice, or Benediction.
- Uses Meikyo Shisui multiple times. Will exclusively use Colossal Slam while this is active.
- Has a high physical defense, and a moderate to high magic defense.
- Resists Atonement (Paladin with capped hate was unable to breach 200 damage at any point during the battle).
- Susceptible to Stun, but slowly builds resistance over time.
- Can be shadowbound.
- Builds gradual resistance to Souleater.
- Will randomly drop Atma of the Stout Arm for party or alliance.
- Rages after 90 minutes.
In Greek Mythology Briareus was one of the Hecatonchires, the hundred-handed ones with fifty heads. His mother, Gaia, was the most ancient Greek goddess and was known as mother earth. He also had two brothers. One of his brothers was Gyes; the king of Cydia and the other was Coltus. Briareus was thrown into Tartarus by Uranus, but was then rescued by Zeus, whom he then urged to help him struggle against the Titans. During that battle, the Hecatoncheires took advantage of their one hundred hands by throwing rocks at the Titans.