|Limbus is a mysterious dimension that lies between Vana'diel, Promyvion, and Lumoria. It is accessible from the celestial realm of Al'Taieu. Similar to Dynamis, these areas are intended as a challenge for advanced players at the highest levels. Items can be obtained here that can be redeemed for upgraded Artifact Armor and Rare/Ex equipment.
Limbus is comprised of two zones: Temenos and Apollyon. Each zone has separate areas leading to a "central" area, eventually leading to a boss fight with a prototype biotechnological weapon. Items obtained from these bosses can be redeemed for pieces of two high-level sets of armor from the Near East.
How to Enter Limbus
Two Key Items are required for each person's entry into the Limbus battlefields.
- The first is Cosmo-Cleanse, purchased from Sagheera (I-8) in Port Jeuno for 15,000 gil;
- The second is a colored Key Card (Key Item) specific to the entrance that one wishes to use to enter Limbus. Northern Al'Taieu is divided into three areas, each accessible through a Dimensional Portal at one of the three main crags: Dem, Holla, and Mea.
- Each of these areas in Al'Taieu provides access to a lobby for certain Limbus areas, and is the home of Aw'euvhi NMs (several of them in each section of Northern Al'Taieu which do not aggro) that provide the Key Cards necessary for entrance into the Limbus battleground.
- Only alliance members who are currently in the zone (regardless of whether they are dead or alive,) when the Aw'euvhi dies, will receive the Key Card(s).
- Refer to the chart to the right to locate the entrance that corresponds with each Limbus area.
After the entire alliance has obtained both Key Items, zone into the lobby for the Limbus area you have chosen. Check the Sentinel Column (Apollyon) or Scanning Device (Temenos) to ensure that there is no alliance in the desired area. If the area is unoccupied, you may apply buffs and have one person check the Swirling Vortex (Apollyon) or the Matter Diffusion Module (Temenos) and select the Limbus area you wish to enter from the list provided. Alternatively, you may trade the appropriate chip(s) to Swirling Vortex/Matter Diffusion Module to enter a higher floor of the corresponding Apollyon/Temenos area (hierarchy displayed in the table below.) You (and the rest of your alliance) will then receive the message "You hear a faint hum." Check the Swirling Vortex/Matter Diffusion Module to join that area into Limbus.
- Be sure not to engage in a battle before all members of the alliance/party have entered the battleground. If someone does manage to engage a monster within Limbus, then those that have not entered will be unable to join the current battlefield.
- Be advised that all players will lose both of their Key Items upon entry into a Limbus battleground.
All players in the alliance when the "hum" starts will not be able to enter a different area until the hum stops when the alliance is done with the area that was picked. So if you want to do two areas at the same time, with one alliance, form the alliance after entering both areas. In this manner two (or more) areas can be done at the same time, while everyone can lot on items from both. But be advised that members may experience confusion of tactics and strategy within the party chat. The term "Area" as referenced in this paragraph refers to the entrance of two (or more) different floors from within either Apollyon or Temenos, but does not apply when entering both Apollyon and Temenos at the same time.
Once everyone is inside the area, the alliance is free to engage their first enemies. Unlike entering the area, any further teleportation within the area is not hindered by engaging enemies.
As stated previously, to access advanced floors of Limbus, specific combinations of colored chips (obtained from the final chests in basic and intermediate Limbus areas) need to be traded to the Swirling Vortex/Matter Diffusion Module. When they are traded, the additional area will appear on the list of areas as per the combination traded to the "chip handler":
Limbus Area Entrance Card Required Chip(s) Required Chip Reward NW Apollyon (D-6) (Dem) Red Card None Magenta Chip SW Apollyon None Charcoal Chip NE Apollyon (K-6) (Mea) Black Card None Smoky Chip SE Apollyon None Smalt Chip CS Apollyon (D-6) (Dem)
Metal Chip None CS Apollyon II Metal Chip None Central Apollyon Magenta Chip
None Central Apollyon II Crepuscular Chip
None Temenos - Western Tower (H-4) (Holla) White Card None Emerald Chip Temenos - Northern Tower None Ivory Chip Temenos - Eastern Tower None Scarlet Chip Central Temenos - Basement 1 Metal Chip None Central Temenos - Basement II Metal Chip None Central Temenos - 1st Floor Emerald Chip Orchid Chip Central Temenos - 2nd Floor Scarlet Chip Cerulean Chip Central Temenos - 3rd Floor Ivory Chip Silver Chip Central Temenos - 4th Floor Orchid Chip
None Central Temenos - 4th Floor II Niveous Chip
On entry of an area that requires chips to enter, the chip(s) will be consumed.
- Maximum Number of Players: 18 (one full Alliance)
- Time: Your alliance will begin most areas with a time limit of thirty minutes (Earth time), save for areas in Central Temenos (45 minutes) and Central Apollyon and Central Temenos - 4th Floor (60 minutes). These amounts may be increased through time extensions gained by opening certain chests throughout each route. (Maximum possible time currently unknown.)
- Entering: Upon entering, both key items are lost. If you exit the battlefield, you cannot reenter. If your connection is lost, you can reconnect before the originating party's time expires. If someone has not entered when the first monster is attacked/aggroed, they cannot enter and receive a message stating that the party is already engaged in battle.
- Reentering: 20 hours (Earth time) must pass after you enter a Limbus battlefield and consequently lose your Cosmo-Cleanse before you may obtain another Cosmo-Cleanse again from Sagheera and prepare to enter another Limbus area.
- Clearing: Upon opening the area's final treasure chest, the Limbus area is cleared and you are automatically ejected to the lobby where you can distribute the resulting treasure.
- Death: Experience Points are lost if you are defeated within Limbus. Enemies in Limbus do not grant experience points.
- Trading chips: Once chip(s) are traded to gain access for an advanced area, those chips lose their power, and become useless. They can be discarded at this point; it is not necessary to wait until the run is completed. Chips used to gain entry to the boss areas, Central Apollyon and Central Temenos - 4th Floor, must all be traded by the same person. So, when collecting chips from various Limbus areas, take care that the same person receives the appropriate chips.
Armoury Crates are scattered throughout each Limbus area. The rules for their behavior vary in each different area.
Contents of chests can usually be determined by their color, as follows:
- Blue with Gold lining (Time): Time Extension (5, 10, or 15 minutes)
- Dark Brown with Gold lining (Loot): Items (AF+1 materials, Ancient Beastcoins, area access chips, and Synthesis Materials)
- Light Brown with Silver lining (Restore): HP/MP recovery and all Job Ability timers reset (including 2-hours)
Please note that Armoury Crates may transform into Mimics (SW Apollyon - 3rd Floor) while others may trigger enemies to be spawned (Central Temenos - 4th Floor). In some areas, opening a chest causes other crates and/or enemies to disappear, forcing you to choose one per level.
Artifact Armor +1
You can upgrade your Artifact Armor by trading it along with various items and Ancient Beastcoins to Sagheera in Port Jeuno. She requires one item that drops in Apollyon and one from Temenos; this is the same for the entire set. She also requires a crafted item and 15-40 Ancient Beastcoins, depending on the piece.
Trade her the Ancient Beastcoins first; in a separate trade, give her the rest of the items. Wait until the next game day and then talk to her again to receive your level 74 AF+1. If you wish to get the original AF back, you must restart the AF quests by talking to Vingijard in Lower Jeuno.
Nashira and Homam Armor
The Armoury Crates left behind by Proto-Omega or Proto-Ultima following its defeat contain parts from the defeated weapon. Wilhelm in Mhaura, a representative of The Brugaire Consortium, is eager to learn about such biotechnological weapons. Those who give him parts of Omega and Ultima will be rewarded with the following pieces of level 75 Homam Armor and Nashira Attire respectively. There is no delay in obtaining these items.
|Homam Armor: Lv. 75 THF / PLD / DRK / DRG / BLU|
|Omega's Eye||Head||Homam Zucchetto||DEF:26 HP+22 MP+22 Accuracy+4 Magic Accuracy+4 Haste+3%|
|Omega's Heart||Body||Homam Corazza||DEF:49 HP+28 MP+28 Accuracy+15 Enhances Triple Attack Effect|
|Omega's Foreleg||Hands||Homam Manopolas||DEF:20 HP+20 MP+20 Accuracy+4 Enmity+3 Haste+3%|
|Omega's Hind Leg||Legs||Homam Cosciales||DEF:35 HP+26 MP+26 Accuracy+3 Haste+3% Enhances Fast Cast Effect|
|Omega's Tail||Feet||Homam Gambieras||DEF:16 HP+31 MP+31 Accuracy+6 Ranged Accuracy+6 Haste+3% Wyvern:HP+50|
|Nashira Attire: Lv. 75 WHM / BLM / RDM / SMN / BLU|
|Ultima's Cerebrum||Head||Nashira Turban||DEF:19 Magic Accuracy+5 Enmity-5 Haste+2% Spell Interruption Rate -10%|
|Ultima's Heart||Body||Nashira Manteel||DEF:41 Healing Magic Skill+5 Dark Magic Skill+5 Magic Accuracy+5 Haste+3%|
|Ultima's Claw||Hands||Nashira Gages||DEF:18 Magic Accuracy+3 Enmity-4 Avatar Perpetuation Cost-1 Haste+1%|
|Ultima's Leg||Legs||Nashira Seraweels||DEF:30 Divine Magic Skill+5 Enfeebling Magic Skill+5 Magic Accuracy+3 Haste+2%|
|Ultima's Tail||Feet||Nashira Crackows||DEF:13 Magic Accuracy+2 Elemental Magic Skill+5 Summoning Magic Skill+5 Haste+1%|
Enif and Adhara Armor
Upon defeating Arch-Omega and Arch-Ultima and retrieving their various parts, it is possible to exchange your Homam and Nashira armor for Enif and Adhara armor respectively. As before, Wilhelm handleS the exchange and there is no delay in obtaining the armor.
|Enif Armor: Lv. 99 THF / PLD / DRK / DRG / BLU|
|Head||Enif Zucchetto||DEF:49 HP+35 MP+35 Accuracy+7 Attack+7 Magic Accuracy+7 Haste+5%|
|Body||Enif Corazza||DEF:75 HP+45 MP+45 Accuracy+23 Quadruple Attack+2% Haste+3%|
|Hands||Enif Manopolas||DEF:30 HP+33 MP+33 Accuracy+5 Attack+5 Enmity+7 Haste+4%|
|Arch-Omega's Hind Leg|
|Legs||Enif Cosciales||DEF:49 HP+40 MP+40 Accuracy+6 Attack+6 Haste+5% Enhances Fast Cast Effect|
|Feet||Enif Gambieras||DEF:29 HP+48 MP+48 Accuracy+6 Attack+6 Ranged Accuracy+6 Haste+4% Wyvern:HP+80|
|Adhara Attire: Lv. 99 WHM / BLM / RDM / SMN / BLU|
|Head||Adhara Turban||DEF:38 Magic Accuracy+7 Magic Attack Bonus+7 Enmity-6 Haste+3% Spell Interruption Rate -20%|
|Body||Adhara Manteel||DEF:63 Magic Accuracy+5 Healing Magic Skill+13 Dark Magic Skill+13 Blue Magic Skill+13 Haste+4%|
|Hands||Adhara Gages||DEF:28 Magic Accuracy+6 Magic Attack Bonus+6 Enmity-5 Avatar Perpetuation Cost-2 Haste+2%|
|Legs||Adhara Seraweels||DEF:40 Magic Accuracy+4 Divine Magic Skill+11 Healing Magic Skill+11 Enfeebling Magic Skill+11 Enmity-3 Haste+3%|
|Feet||Adhara Crackows||DEF:27 Magic Accuracy+3 Enhancing Magic Skill+8 Elemental Magic Skill+8 Summoning Magic Skill+8 Conserve MP+4 Haste+3%|
Murzim and Shedir
Alternatively, one can exchange Arch-Omega and Arch-Ultima parts and Artifact Armor +1 materials from Apollyon and Temenos, respectively, to obtain the Murzim and Shedir sets. Once again, Wilhelm gladly takes the weapon parts off your hands in exchange for the armor.
|Murzim Armor: Lv. 99 THF / PLD / DRK / RNG / DRG / COR / PUP / DNC|
|Arch-Omega's Eye||Head||Murzim Zucchetto||DEF:46 HP+42 MP+42 Enmity-6 Haste+4% Automaton: Haste+6%|
|Arch-Omega's Heart||Body||Murzim Corazza||DEF:75 HP+53 MP+53 Attack+15 Store TP+6 Haste+4%|
|Arch-Omega's Foreleg||Hands||Murzim Manopolas||DEF:30 HP+35 MP+35 Attack+5 Haste+4% Increases Critical Hit Damage|
|Arch-Omega's Hind Leg||Legs||Murzim Cosciales||DEF:49 HP+36 MP+36 Ranged Accuracy+16 Ranged Attack+7 Increases "Rapid Shot" Activation Rate|
|Arch-Omega's Tail||Feet||Murzim Gambieras||DEF:29 HP+35 MP+35 Attack+12 Enmity+8 Haste+3%|
|Shedir Attire: Lv. 99 WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD SMN / BLU / SCH|
|Arch-Ultima's Cerebrum||Head||Shedir Turban||DEF:38 Magic Accuracy+4 Singing Skill+4 Haste+5% Song Recast Delay-3|
|Arch-Ultima's Heart||Body||Shedir Manteel||DEF:63 Accuracy+10 Attack+10 Magic Accuracy+5 Magic Attack Bonus+5 Haste+4% Potency of Cure Effect Recieved+3%|
|Arch-Ultima's Claw||Hands||Shedir Gages||DEF:28 Sword Skill+10 Club Skill+10 Staff Skill+10 Divine Magic Skill+10 Healing Magic Skill+10 Enfeebling Magic Skill+10|
|Arch-Ultima's Leg||Legs||Shedir Seraweels||DEF:40 Enhancing Magic Skill+15 Elemental Resistance Spells+15 Enhances "Stoneskin" Effect Enhances "Aquaveil" Effect|
|Arch-Ultima's Tail||Feet||Shedir Crackows||DEF:29 "Blood Boon"+3 Avatar: Enhances Magic Accuracy Enhances Magic Attack Bonus Increases "Blood Pact" damage|
Ancient Beastcoin Purchases
The following items can be obtained in exchange for Ancient Beastcoins:
|Boxer's Mantle||75||Back||DEF:8 Guard Skill+10 Evasion Skill+10 Shield Skill+10 Parrying Skill+10|
|Brutal Earring||75||Earring||Enhances Double Attack Effect, Store TP +1|
|Gunner's Mantle||75||Back||DEF:7 Attack-10 Ranged Accuracy-10 Ranged Attack+20|
|Loquacious Earring||75||Earring||MP+30 Enhances Fast Cast Effect|
|Metal Chip||75||Item||Allows entrance into CS Apollyon or Central Temenos - Basement 1|
|Musical Earring||75||Earring||Evasion+5 String Instrument Skill+5 Wind Instrument Skill+5|
|Stealth Earring||75||Earring||Ninjutsu Skill+5 Enhances Resist Silence Effect|
|Flawless Ribbon||150||Head||DEF:18 +30 +30 Enhances Killer Effects, Increases Resistance to All Status Ailments|
|Charger Mantle||150||Back||DEF:7 Attack+20 Ranged Accuracy-10 Ranged Attack-10|
|Jaeger Mantle||150||Back||DEF:7 Attack-10 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack-10|
Limbus is the Latin word for Limbo, meaning "edge" or "boundary".
Limbo is a word used in general for being stuck with nowhere to go until something else happens, but it has its origins with Christian belief (Roman Catholic exclusively). In Catholic legend, Limbo is a realm where the virtuous humans who died before the resurrection of Jesus Christ reside and where unbaptised infants who die reside. This is the realm where souls exist which cannot go to Hell for they have committed no sins or lived virtuous lives, but they cannot go to Heaven because they are not a part of the Catholic faith. There are names for each of the 2 Limbos: Limbus Patrum (Limbo of the Fathers, where the virtuous Pagans reside) and Limbus Infantium (Limbo of the Children, where unbaptised infants reside). It is not a part of official doctrine (unlike Purgatory). In Medieval literature, specifically Dante's Divine Comedy, Limbo is the First Circle of Hell.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Artifact Armor +1 (104 P)
Pages in category "Limbus"
The following 193 pages are in this category, out of 193 total.