Meeble Burrows is dungeon content in which intrepid players sneak into underground caves and participate in various research expeditions, delving ever farther until they best the dreadful beasts in the far recesses of the caverns.
- Wings of the Goddess registered and installed
- 1-6 party members
- Level restriction: None
- Time limit: 15 minutes
- Each member must possess a Moblin pheromone sack.
- Not all party members need to have the expedition available. Only the leader needs to have the desired expedition unlocked for all to participate.
- Players must possess a Grimoire for recording pages.
- Grimoires can be purchased from the Burrow Investigator or Burrow Researcher for 2,000 gil or 200 Research Marks.
Preparing for your trek
- Speak to the Burrow Investigator located in Upper Jeuno (I-8) to receive a grimoire.
- Ask the Burrow Investigator to teleport you to either Sauromugue Champaign (J-7) or Batallia Downs, where the Burrow Researcher is waiting for you to trade your grimoire to him. In exchange, he provides you with a Moblin pheromone sack.
- A grimoire is needed to select a research expedition in Meeble Burrows.
- Your deeds of valor—as well as any special bonuses conferred upon you—will be inscribed on the grimoire’s dusty parchment.
- Your grimoire may be used multiple times, but when you embark upon courses to battle the most lurid of fiends, you will have to turn it in, rendering it unusable.
- Grimoires may be purchased from the Burrow Investigator or Burrow Researcher with either gil or Research Marks, a special type of currency acquired in Meeble Burrows.
Currently there are at least two types of grimoires available to use for recording your Expedition progress.
Moblin pheromone sack
- Your Moblin pheromone sack is expended when entering Meeble Burrows.
- Each party member must possess this item to enter.
- Players may only have one sack in their inventory, but the Burrow Investigator/Burrow Researcher can hold up to four for you, making for a total stock of five.
- One Moblin pheromone sack is added to your stock every twenty hours (Earth time).
Commencing a Research Expedition
- Trade your grimoire to the Burrow Researcher in Sauromugue Champaign (J-7) or Batallia Downs, and have the party leader select the desired research expedition.
- Speaking to Vrednev, a Meeble located outside the burrows, commences the expedition and enable you to enter. There are 5 tiers of research expeditions to choose from:
- Adjunct (easiest)
- Associate Researcher
- Researcher (hardest)
- In order to enter the 5th expedition of a tier, all participants must have completed the previous 4. progress for all expeditions cleared with the specific Grimoire is erased afterwards, even if the expedition is a failure.
- Exploring Meeble Burrows is not about wiping out everything in sight. Instead, each expedition contains a series of three goals to achieve.
- Clearing an expedition involves achieving at least one of the preestablished goals.
Of course, more goals completed means better rewards, so don't slack off just because you've gone partway!
- Even if you have fulfilled the conditions for a particular goal, you will not be considered to have cleared it until you use the specially-provided escape item to leave the depths of the burrows. You will not get credit for completed tasks if time runs out.
- The Speleological Handbook located within the burrows provides spelunkers with a wealth of information, including the research tasks at hand and boons given by grimoires.
Completing an expedition
- After completing an expedition, players will receive a Terminus Whistle: a temporary item that teleports the party to the entrance.
- The dangers of the Meeble Burrows are many, so explorers setting foot inside will receive a Hiatus Whistle, a temporary item that whisks them to the entrance with one sharp call. Take heed, for this will end your current expedition!
- After escaping via the Terminus Whistle, talk to the Burrow Researcher once more. He will confirm that you have completed the assigned tasks, and record the details thereof.
- The Burrow Researcher has multiple tasks to offer able adventurers, and completion of one may open up other, more taxing expeditions. In addition, successfully completing goals will add a variety of boons to the player’s grimoire.
- Players have the opportunity to accrue a special currency known as Research Marks. These research marks can be exchanged to purchase items or grimoires from the Burrow Investigator and Burrow Researcher.
Pages in category "Meeble Burrows"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.