Skirmishes are battles for adventurers level 95+ that unfold in an alternate yet similar world to Vana'diel. Throughout their trials and tribulations opening up the continent of Ulbuka, pioneers may stumble upon Simulacrum Segments that, when combined, grant access to this mysterious realm.
- Level 96+
- Adoulinian charter permit
- Party leader must possess the proper Skirmish Simulacrum
- Enter from an Augural Conveyor:
- Collect Simulacrum Segments
- There are three different categories of segments—visages, torsos, and legs—that each contain unique magical properties. Segments can be combined to form simulacra, and the composition of these segments determines the rank and composition of the skirmish. They can be obtained through numerous methods: they may be rewarded when completing a quest or mission, drop from fiends that roam the continent, or be received via exchanging certain currencies.
- Obtaining Skirmish Simulacra
- Players can enter a skirmish by collecting three appropriate simulacrum segments and combining them to form a Rala simulacrum, a Cirdas simulacrum, a Yorcia simulacrum, or a Ra'Kaznar simulacrum.
- Oston in Eastern Adoulin (G-8) can both assemble and dismantle simulacra.
- Lola, who occupies the other side of the table from Oston, explains the various rules associated with skirmishes.
- Entering Skirmishes
- Doing Battle
- Combatants may participate in skirmishes for thirty to sixty minutes, and completing the given objectives within this timeframe means successfully completing the skirmish.
- Participants will always be tasked with two objectives per skirmish. No penalties will be incurred for only clearing the primary objective, but extra rewards will be presented for clearing the secondary objective.
- More on Doing Battle
- All party members will be informed about what spoils they are to receive depending on how far they have progressed in the skirmish.
- Noetic Ascensions populate the realm as well. These forces bestow a single beneficial effect upon all party members. The effect bestowed can be selected from a list that appears when examining a Noetic Ascension.
- Combatants will receive a Fenestral Key temporary item for each objective they clear.
- Using the Fenestral Key will cause a Treasure Coffer to appear, reset the time remaining to five minutes, and reraise any combatants who were KO'd. When a combatant opens his Treasure Coffer, the treasure pool will also appear.
- Using a Fenestral Key before clearing the secondary objective will cause all enemies to vanish and make the objective impossible to complete.
- Failing to use a Fenestral Key before the time limit expires will cause players to be disengaged immediately and lose the chance to claim any rewards.
- More on Rewards
- Equipment obtained from skirmishes may be augmented by Divainy-Gamainy at the Inventors' Coalition in exchange for specific items and an appropriate amount of bayld.
- Players may occasionally obtain obsidian fragments from defeating skirmish enemies. These fragments can be exchanged for either materials used in Inventors' Coalition augmentation services or simulacrum segments.
- A certain facet of the Inventors' Coalition's building must be expanded before the coalition can provide this service.
Building a Simulacrum
- Collect three Simulacrum Segments (Visage, Torso, Legs).
- Turn in one of each of these segments to Oston in Eastern Adoulin (G-8) and he will assemble them into a completed Simulacrum.
The following are confirmed ways of obtaining Simulacrum Segments:
- Soul Pyres
- Coalition Assignments (Very rare additional reward)
- Greeter Moogle
- Auction House
Visages determine the zone for the Skirmish as well as the quality of rewards.
Torsos determine the size of the area, the maximum time limit, the maximum number of enemies to defeat, and number of rewards.
Legs affect the number of Noetic Ascensions and type of effects bestowed by them. They give a single beneficial effect to all party members. The effect can be selected from a list when examining the Noetic Ascension.
One or more Noetic Ascensions will be found scattered across the Skirmish area. Noetic Ascensions yield benefits for the entire party upon use, and the range and quality of benefits available, as well as the number of Noetic Ascensions found, will increase with higher tier Legs segments. Each Noetic Ascension may be used to bestow one benefit to the entire party, and each benefit may only be selected once per run. Benefits will be bestowed immediately (buff effects will remain active for the full duration of the Skirmish).
Faithful's Legs Tier / Benefit Availability & Value
|Magic Attack Bonus|
|Magic Defense Bonus|
A skirmish will last from 30-60 minutes. (This will depend on what tier of Faithful Torso you use) There will be two objectives per Skirmish. Completing the first objective will give everyone a Fenestral Key temporary item. Using this item will end the Skirmish and reset the time remaining to five minutes and reraise all members. This time would be used to lot items that appear in the party lot pool as well as obtain your own personal treasure from the coffer that pops.
- Rala Waterways (U)
- Objective 1: Defeat a certain amount of NMs
- Objective 2: Defeat more NMs! (less than objective 1)
|Time Limit||30 minutes||40 minutes||50 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
- Cirdas Caverns (U)
- Objective 1: Defeat a certain amount of monsters
- Objective 2: Defeat more monsters! (less than objective 1)
|Time Limit||30 minutes||40 minutes||50 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
Some of the rewards from Skirmish include fairly decent “base” weapons, which can be further augmented by Divainy-Gamainy of the Inventors' Coalition by trading the weapon along with a Ghastly Stone/+1/+2. The stones used to augment these weapons drop from Skirmish or can be obtained with Obsidian Fragments (which are a type of currency obtained from participating in Skirmish).
Other rewards include various synthesis materials, as well as magic scrolls.
- Weapons can be augmented as many times as you wish. You will be prompted whether you want to keep the new augment or previous one, similar to Synergy.**
|Archery||Bocluamni||RNG||DMG: 121 Delay: 540||DMG +0~5||DMG +0~10 STR +0~4 AGI +0~5||DMG +0~25 STR +0~4 AGI +0~5|
|Axe||Faizzeer||WAR/BST||DMG: 81 Delay: 288||DMG +0~16 STR 0~7|
|Club||Aedold||WHM||DMG: 86 Delay: 300||DMG +0~3 STR +0~4 DEX +0~9||DMG +0~5 STR +0~4 DEX +0~9||DMG +0~5 STR +0~4 DEX +0~9|
|Dagger||Leisilonu||THF/BRD/DNC||DMG: 52 Delay: 183||DMG +0~4||DMG +0~6 STR +0~5 DEX +0~3||DMG +0~9 STR +0~5 DEX +0~5|
|Great Axe||Iclamar||WAR||DMG: 143 Delay: 504||DMG +0~12 STR +0~2 DEX +0~6||DMG +0~25 STR +0~3 DEX +0~3|
|Great Katana||Shichishito||SAM||DMG: 126 Delay: 450||DMG +0~9 STR +0~5 DEX +0~2||DMG +0~24 STR +0~5 DEX +0~9|
|Great Sword||Crobaci||PLD/DRK/RUN||DMG: 141 Delay: 501||DMG +1~11||DMG +0~28 STR +0~3 DEX +0~3||DMG +0~38 STR +0~3 DEX +0~3 Weapon Skill Damage +0~10|
|Hand-to-Hand||Ninzas||MNK/PUP||DMG: +38 Delay: +51||DMG +0~23 STR +0~6||DMG +0~29 STR +0~8 DEX +0~6||DMG +0~30 STR +0~6 DEX +0~6 Counter +0~5|
|Katana||Kannakiri||NIN||DMG: 58 Delay: 227||DMG +0~15 STR +0~10 DEX +0~8||DMG +0~22 STR +0~10 DEX +0~3 Weapon Skill Damage +0~5|
|Marksmanship||Hgafircian||RNG/COR||DMG: 70 Delay: 660||DMG +0~2 STR +0~9||DMG +0~7 STR +0~9 AGI +0~8|
|Polearm||Qatsunoci||DRG||DMG: 146 Delay: 492||DMG +0~10 STR +0~6 DEX +0~6||DMG +0~10 STR +0~8 DEX +0~8||DMG +0~20 STR +0~8 DEX +0~8|
|Scythe||Iizamal||DRK||DMG: 153 Delay: 528||DMG +0~24 STR +0~3|
|Staff||Lehbrailg||BLM/SCH/GEO|| DMG: 96 Delay: 366 ||DMG +3~+6 MND +0~6 Magic Atk. Bonus +3~9||DMG +0~24 MND +0~2 Magic Atk. Bonus +0~24||DMG +0~24 MND +0~2 INT +0~3 Magic Atk. Bonus +0~24|
|Staff||Uffrat||SMN|| DMG: 96 Delay: 402 |
Avatar: Magic Atk. Bonus+25
|DMG +0~10 MND +0~5 INT +0~4 Avatar: Magic Atk. Bonus +0~15||DMG +0~16 MND +0~5 INT +0~4 Avatar: Magic Atk. Bonus +0~29|
|Sword||Iztaasu||RDM/PLD/BLU||DMG: 68 Delay: 236||DMG +0-3||DMG +0~11 STR +0~7 DEX +0~7|
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Skirmish"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total.