- If you have Treasures of Aht Urhgan installed, you will flag Chocobo on the Loose! first instead of this quest. This is a separate and unrelated quest, that is not required in order to obtain a Chocobo License. To bypass Chocobo on the Loose!:
- Talk to Brutus a second time and his dialogue will be about Chocobo on the Loose!, saying that it probably went to La Theine Plateau.
- Talk to Brutus a third time, and this time he will ask, "What's your problem? You wanna ride a Chocobo?" This marks the start of Chocobo's Wounds, from which you can obtain your Chocobo License.
- You will need 4 clumps of Gausebit Grass to complete this quest. These can be obtained in Meriphataud Mountains from defeating Crane Flies or in Dangruf Wadi from Wadi Hares. The flies are stronger but have a much higher drop rate than the hares. The flies are found near the outpost in Meriphataud Mountains. The Gausebit Grass can also be bought from the Auction House under Weapons>Ammo&Misc>Pet Items.
- Talk to Brutus to start the quest, and answer his two questions.
- Trade a clump of Gausebit Grass to the chocobo that's next to the child Osker.
- The chocobo will not accept the grass at this time.
- Come back on another game day and try to feed it again.
- Again, the chocobo will not accept the grass.
- Come back on a third game day and feed it.
- Successfully feed it three more times (once per game day) to complete the quest.
- You are not required to give the Gausebit Grass to the Chocobo in successive days. You can wait any number of days between feedings.
- Optional: There is an optional cutscene with Dietmund in Lower Jeuno that can be viewed after seeing him in the quest storyline after the third feeding, but before you get your chocobo license.
Note: Trade each time. Simply clicking the chocobo does not work.