- Go to Upper Jeuno and talk to Monberaux in the Infirmary for a cutscene.
- At this point, it is a good idea though not necessary to go to one of the Pso'Xja towers to obtain Chips needed for a key item. Anyone doing this mission needs one, the color does not matter be it (Gray Chip, Carmine Chip or a Cyan Chip). The key item is of permanent type, so this needs to be done only once ever.
- One easy to get location is from (F-7) of Beaucedine Glacier. There are Diremite spawns close to the entrance who have Gray Chips.
- If you wish, you may drop into the hole on the right side of the map at (I-8). This will drop you into a higher level area with more Diremite spawns. Be careful though as the Diremites in this section will be aggressive towards even high-level characters. You may want to apply Sneak before dropping into this area, as there is one Diremite spawn at the spot that you'll land.
- Another easy to get location is on the way to the Diabolos, accessed via the tower at (H-8).
- Head back to Lower Jeuno and talk to Ghebi Damomohe inside the Neptune's Spire at (I-7). She will be wanting the Chips and reward you with 500 Gil and the Pso'Xja Pass (key item).
- Enter the tower at (H-8) of Beaucedine Glacier.
- In this Pso'Xja tower, there are shimmering "walls" of different color.
- To get to the Shrouded Maw, pass through them in the following order:
- After the last black wall, you will be in the fourth area. Use the elevator here to go to the lower level.
- Walk forward and find a gate to the left, which your Pso'Xja Pass will open, and you will enter The Shrouded Maw where you will get a cutscene.
- When ready, examine the Memento Circle and enter the battlefield for Darkness Named. (see testimonials)
- Buffs will wear off upon entry.
- Experience Points are not lost from KO.
- After you defeat Diabolos, head back to Upper Jeuno and talk to Monberaux at (G-10) to complete the mission.
- Diabolos has approximately 6000 HP.
- Special Attacks:
- Nightmare: Inflicts anyone on the floor with Sleep and 21HP/tick Bio. Damage will not wake you up from Nightmare, only Cure and Benediction(Benediction will also remove the Bio effect)). Nightmare can and should be interrupted with some sort of Stun (Status Effect). Nightmare can be cast more than once per fight by Diabolos.
- Camisado: Single-target physical damage and knockback. Stand with your back to the wall so that this doesn't knock you into the pit below.
- Noctoshield: Gives Diabolos the effect of Phalanx (Dispel or Magic Finale). This effect actually seems rather weak. NIN magic only dropped from 75 to 68.
- Ultimate Terror: AOE Absorb-All. Drains multiple attributes. Not too bad on its own, but it interferes with Dispelling Noctoshield. Absorbed by Utsusemi.
- Dark elemental spells: Sleepga, Sleep II, Bio II, Drain, Aspir and Blind.
- Note that the Mission-version and Avatar-fight version of Diabolos are much different and therefore have different resistances. The Mission-version of Diabolos can be stunned with stun skills and weaponskills. All stun have a chance to fail, however methods that have been tried and tested to Stun this version of Diabolos with some success are:
- Special Attacks:
- You start on a platform above the battlefield. Once someone falls down, everyone else is dragged down as well, and the battle begins.
- The party may get Draw In by Diabolos, which will generally happen after the first person engages. If it doesn't Draw In immediately, it will do it once any player on the top ledge gets Enmity. If Draw In is used, then you may be placed in the center of the arena and Diabolos will be in front of you, or your party members may be Draw In scattered around the area. If this happens, look for the portal which will indicate the front of the battlefield, and then situate yourself on the non-dropping tiles you might have agreed upon before starting the fight.
- If anyone should remain on the upper level after the initial Draw In, for example if a party member drops out of party after entry but before attacking Diabolos, Diabolos will continue to use Draw In repeatedly throughout the fight in vain attempt to bring the player upstairs down to his battlefield. This can create chaos as party members are repeatedly moved to and fro by repeated Draw In. The person above, being out of party, will never be pulled down but neither will Diabolos stop the attempts to bring them down.
- The battlefield consists of 25 floor squares which may be removed by Diabolos during the fight. If you fall or are on a square that is removed, you will be eaten alive by about eight waiting and hungry Diremites.
- If you are strong enough to withstand the Diremites' attacks long enough, you can run out of the lower arena, down a short hall and into a room, and them up some long staircases to reach a balcony above Diabolos. Re-engaging Diabolos will de-aggro all Diremites from you.
- You can see which tiles will disappear before you drop into the arena; the tiles which will disappear have a thicker outline. The tiles will light up momentarily before they disappear though the light-up-to-drop time is extremely fast so make sure you are not on one.
- The tile-placement may change from fight-to-fight. Due to this it falls into being dependent on individual player experiences and therefor all tile-placement reports should be placed on this wiki's Talk page for Tile-arrangements.
- Depending on the tile-placement you may be able to stand out of range of Nightmare. This option may not always be available, due to various reports of different tile placements. Any and all player reports on Nightmare-distance reports/screenshots can (and should) be found on this wiki's Talk page.
- Note: Please do not add/edit this Wiki entry regarding being out of Nightmare range. All Nightmare-range related topics should be placed in the Talk section, as it is something that relates to player experiences. Posting some kind of screenshot evidence to accompany the claim is a great and helpful idea. Such a screenshot should depict your party position on the battlefield, and the chatlog entry on your screen showing 5/6 members being affected (because 1 member is "outside of nightmare range").
- Please don't forget to go talk to Monberaux after the fight.
See the Video page.
- Mission Orders
- Prishe has been taken to Doctor Monberaux's clinic! What ails her fragile body and what, if anything, can save her!?