- Lessens chance of being detected by smell.
Spell cost: 10 MP
Casting Time: 2 seconds
Resale Price: 259~265 gil
How to Obtain
|Auction House Category: Scrolls > White Magic (||)|
Price: 1,243 gil Name Location Type Falgima Selbina (H-9) Standard Merchant Tya Padolih Mhaura (G-9) Standard Merchant
Name Level Zone Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (NM) 16-17 Giddeus Goblin Leecher 20-23 Inner Horutoto Ruins 21-23 King Ranperre's Tomb 21-23 North Gustaberg 21-23 Dangruf Wadi 21-25 Meriphataud Mountains 21-25 Jugner Forest 21-25 Pashhow Marshlands 22-25 Valkurm Dunes 22-25 Buburimu Peninsula 22-26 Ordelle's Caves 22-26 Maze of Shakhrami 25-29 Sanctuary of Zi'Tah 26-30 Sauromugue Champaign 26-30 Ranguemont Pass 26-30 Batallia Downs 26-30 Rolanberry Fields 27-30 Lower Delkfutt's Tower Yagudo Priest 26-30 Sauromugue Champaign 22-28 Giddeus 24-28 Castle Oztroja 21-25 Meriphataud Mountains Ge'Dha Evileye (NM) 30 Beadeaux Garnet Quadav 30-36 Rolanberry Fields 35-39 Beadeaux Hobgoblin Physician 76-78 Bibiki Bay
- No enemies detect by smell, so Deodorize cannot prevent being attacked by any enemies like Sneak and Invisible can. However, enemies track by smell, meaning that once they begin to chase a player they will be difficult to elude without leaving the area unless the player's scent is removed. This is typically caused by running through water, or water weather being present in the area, but can also be caused by this effect.
- Deodorize is lost should the player attacks an enemy or is directly attacked. If you are hit by an AoE effect that was not targeted on you, Deodorize status will remain.
- If used to stop a angry monster from tracking you, care must be taken to apply the Deodorize effect only once you are outside of the enemy's range (or once you have temporarily incapacitated the enemy with something like sleep). Otherwise, the enemy may strike you and Deodorize status will simply be lost.
- The base duration of this spell is highly randomized. It typically lasts anywhere from a little over 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Though one may use it with Composure increasing it's duration threefold. A warning messages will appear when 30 seconds remain on it's duration, with additional warning messages appearing at 20 and 10 seconds accordingly.
- The Deodorize effect cannot be overwritten or renewed by another Deodorize spell. The effect must wear off (either manually or by time expiration) before Deodorize can be applied again.
- As with most Enhancing Magic, the duration of this spell is proportionally shortened when cast on a character under the spell's level. For instance, Deodorize will only last approximately half as long when cast on a level 7 character.
- When combined with a Scholar's Accession stratagem, this spell can give the Deodorize effect to the entire party.
- The Thief job ability Hide normally functions on enemies that detect (aggro) by sight, but if the enemy also tracks by scent it will fail. Applying a Deodorize effect on the THF prior to the use of Hide will allow it to function normally on these enemies, as long as the Deodorize effect is not removed somehow before Hide is used (from either the THF attacking or being attacked).