- This mission cannot be skipped.
- The mission will not be available until after you amass a certain number of Rank Points obtained by trading stacks of crystals of any type to any of the War Warlocks (character with the initials W.W. after their name) located at the city gates.
- Trading 9 earth (or similar) crystals (not 9 stacks, just 9) will unlock the mission.
- Trading 65 crystals will cap your rank points for Rank 2.
- After accepting the Mission, talk to Tosuka-Porika at G-8 in the Optistery in the northern portion of Windurst Waters. Tosuka-Porika will be in the east wing of the Optistery.
- Then go outside the Optistery and down the stairs. Take the warp from Tonana (G-8) to Windurst Woods to the front of the Chocobo Stables and go see Nanaa Mihgo at J-3. Obtain Key Item: Lapis Monocle.
- Alternatively, you can run north to the Home Point on the way to the Windurst Waters exit to West Sarutabaruta and teleport to Home Point #1 in Windurst Woods, then run north to Nanaa Mihgo.
- Purchase some Prism Powders and Silent Oils or have Sneak and Invisible available for the next part. It is recommended to obtain an Instant Warp scroll as well, provided your Home Point is in Windurst.
- Continue to the Maze of Shakhrami, which can be found at the NorthEast corner of Tahrongi Canyon (K-5).
- Once inside, go to G-6 on the upper map and take the right tunnel to get to lower map.
- Head to H-5 on the lower map
- There are four Fossil Rocks in this room. There are also two Fossil Rocks in the large room on the same map at I-8.
- Locations (All second/lower map): G-5, H-4, 2x H-5, F-8, 2x I-8
- Examine a Fossil Rock and get Lapis Coral.
- There are 5 Fossil Rocks to examine, one will give you the Lapis Coral.
- FYI Only: Ichorous Ire is spawned by clicking on the Fossil Rock at (F-8) in Maze of Shakhrami second map. There is no need to kill this NM for this mission.
- Once you have received the Lapis Coral, head back to Nanaa Mihgo in Windurst Woods (J-3) to receive Hideout Key.
- Note: It is recommended that you do Making Headlines in conjunction with this mission.
- Head to the Lily Tower in East Sarutabaruta at J-7.
- Go to the southwest corner of the ring-shaped room at G-9 and into the room with the Ancient Magical Gizmo. There is a cracked wall there; go through the cracked wall.
- Walking through the cracked wall will take you to a new map of Beetle's Burrow at K-9
- You might want sneak and invisible at this point. The monsters here are in the upper 80s and the Goblins and Skeletons will aggro even at 99.
- Head to G-8 (this area is not marked on your in-game map; see the Inner Horutoto Ruins map).
- Go West from K-9 and take the path north and follow the western wall.
- At I-9, take the West tunnel at the 3-way intersection. Follow the tunnel Northwest - again, follow the western wall to avoid the skeletons.
- Enter the Mahogany Door at (G-8) inside Beetle's Burrow.
- After the cut scene, head to the House of the Hero in Windurst Walls (G-3). After the cut scene, go back to Tosuka-Porika in Windurst Waters North (G-8), Optistery, to finish the mission.
- Mission Orders
- There are reports that the Cat Burglar has her paws on a "Book of the Gods," a restricted book that was lost twenty years ago. Assist the Opistery in investigating the reports, and attempt to retrieve the priceless, but dangerous, tome.