Job Trait Overview
Treasure Hunter II
Treasure Hunter III
Enhancing the Effect
- Players with Thief set as main job have a chance to enhance the existing level of Treasure Hunter on a target upon landing standard melee attacks against it.
- When this occurs, an "Enlight" visual effect will occur and an "Additional effect" message will be produced in the log indicating the target's new level of Treasure Hunter Effectiveness.
- Damage dealt with either the "Sneak Attack" or "Trick Attack" ability will have a greater likelihood of enhancing this trait.
- Only one hit per attack round is able to enhance the effect.
- Weapon skills can process this effect. However, as with other additional effects that can occur on WS, no indication will be made in the chat log when this occurs.
- The effect can not be enhanced on hits that apply another status effect on the target The latest update allows Feint to be used to up the chance of Treasure Hunter procing by 25%, but enhancement takes priority over Samba and weapon additional effect (for example Twilight Knife).
- May occur multiple times on the same enemy. The chance decreases with each occurrence, up to an unknown maximum level.
- Any additional effectiveness accumulated is reset if the player(s) with the trait is removed from the target's hate list (from zoning or K.O.).
- Note that using gear that enhances Treasure Hunter only raises the initial level of Treasure Hunter applied when making your first action against an enemy. In other words, it is unnecessary to leave such gear equipped afterward.
- The use of Treasure Hunter enhancing equipment has no effect if the current effectiveness level has risen above the user's cumulative Treasure Hunter effect (from traits, equipment, and other sources).
- Treasure Hunter can be enhanced by any THFs in the group, not just the THF that set the initial Treasure Hunter level.
- If a THF with a higher tier of Treasure Hunter than is currently in effect performs an action on the enemy, it will set Treasure Hunter's effectiveness to his or her level (e.g. the next strike will increase Treasure Hunter's effectiveness to +1 of his or her effect). This is also the case when a THF performs an initial action and subsequently performs another action in Treasure Hunter enhancing equipment.
- The Job Ability Bounty Shot may process this effect. This effect can now be applied in tandem with a THFs Sneak Attack and Trick Attack.
- The effect can process on enemies which do not drop any items.
- The effect can process on players' pets (such as avatars) while Charmed and while under the effect of Costume.
- The effect can process on other players while Charmed.
Items and Special Conditions that Enhance this Trait
- Assassin's Armlets
- Assassin's Armlets +1
- Assassin's Armlets +2
- Raider's Poulaines +2
- Tarutaru Sash (Abyssea - La Theine - Gold box)
- Thief's Knife
Testing and Theory
- The following information is a list of testing, hypothetical ideas, and theory on TH.
- The information stems from the player-base, not SE. Testing should be read and considered with some amount of skepticism, and theory with further skepticism.
Treasure Hunter doesn't increase the drop rate % of an item, but instead gives you more chances to receive the item.
For Example: Say an item has a 5% drop rate. A player without Treasure Hunter gets 1 random "roll" from say 1-100. A roll of 96-100 is required to get the drop (given a 5% chance). Treasure Hunter doesn't increase the %, but rather it gives more random "rolls" increasing the odds much like buying more lottery tickets would increase odds in hitting the jackpot. The percentage is still the same, you just have more chances. This is why when a thief is in a party, there are often more total drops in general.