- Talk to Zalsuhm in Muckvix's Junk Shop with your Radiant Lance from Nyzul Isle equipped for a cutscene.
- Only the base weapon is required; no upgrades or progress along the Arms of Balrahn questline is required.
- The weapon must be equipped in your main hand to activate the cutscene.
- If you choose the wrong answer (saying something like "He has shifty eyes..."; this implies you don't trust him) he will get very angry and you will not start the quest. Zone out and come back again for another chance.
- Accumulate a certain number of Weapon Skill Points on your Radiant Lance according to how much progress is saved on your Runic Disc (see below).
- Once you have acquired enough Weapon Skill points, you will see Drakesbane available under your list of weapon skills, but only while your Radiant Lance is still equipped. There will be no message in the chat log informing you of this; it will simply appear in the list.
- Return and trade your unlocked weapon to Zalsuhm. This fully unlocks Drakesbane for use with any Polearm (as Dragoon).
If you want to check your progress, return to Zalsuhm and trade the weapon. The messages he gives you indicate your progress toward unlocking the Weapon Skill:
- You accumulated 0～49 Weapon Skill Points, regardless of what floor has been recorded to your Runic Disc:
- "I sense only a mote of energy p-p-present. You still have a long way to go, it seems."
- You accumulated more than 50 Weapon Skill Points, but more than 49 Weapon Skill Points remaining to finish.
- "Aaah, yes... I can feel a marked increase in energy compared to when I first held it. Keep up the good w-w-work, hee hee hee..."
- You have less than 49 Weapon Skill Points remaining:
- "The energy is threatening to burst forth. It won't be long now, hee hee hee..."
- You accumulated all Weapon Skill Points and can see the weapon skill in your menu when you have the Nyzul weapon equipped:
- "You've done it! Energy is overflowing as though the floodgates have burst open!"
- This message only appears after the unlocking is complete, and is followed immediately by unlocking the weapon skill completely.
Weapon Skill Point Requirements
Your current number of completed floors is used to determine how many points are needed. For example, if you received the weapon and started the quest with 90 floors completed, and then did a 91-95 run, you only need 580 points to unlock the Weapon Skill. If you already did 580 points with the weapon, you will get the weapon skill when the progress is saved to your Runic Disc.
Floor Point 100 250
80-99 : 500+20*(99-x)
95 580 90 680 85 780 80 880
60-79 : 1000+40*(79-x)
75 1160 70 1360 65 1560 60 1760
40-59 : 2000+80*(59-x)
55 2320 50 2720 45 3120 40 3520
20-39 : 4000+160*(39-x)
35 4640 30 5440 25 6240 20 7040
01-19 : 8000+320*(19-x)
15 9280 10 10880 5 12480 0 16000